Welcome to My Blog

Thoughts on organic food, green energy, gardening, dogs, Rock & Roll, The Troubadour year's, Obama, what Republicans will do if they take control, Middle East Wars & Neo-Cons.



Friday, September 10, 2010

News, Garden & Dogs

Well in our world of instant news you have to be careful what you believe. Rev. Jones is back spuing his insensitive crap. We have to hope that he'll come to his senses. On a wonderful note Heartland church in Tennessee has opened it's doors to a Mosque that is being built next door. Good for them! Wish there was more good news like that everyday. This morning @ 4:30 am I woke up to see a terrible fire raging in San Bruno, California on MSNBC "Wake up w/ Willy", pretty good little news show. Just another concern about our infrastructure is in such disrepair. One of the things that Obama wants to fix, it would bring so many jobs to our country. Our infrastructure has not been addressed in decades. I was watching a show on Nat Geo that reported our roads, bridges, water mains, gas mains and more and we got a grade of "D". Of course the Right is against this plan. Third world nations spend more on their infrastructure than the United States. Sad state we're in!
In my part of the country (Mississippi) most people get their news from Fox. I've tried to inform people I know to watch all the news so you can get the whole story. Most of the time it's to deaf ears. I get my news from PRM, MSNBC (Morning Joe), CBS (Katie Couric) & the Internet. The fitness center that I go to always has Fox on some of the T.V. monoters. So I do see some of  Fox news. My take is it's just Right Wing propaganda. I just wish people would be more open to hear all the sides.

Now on to my garden & doggies.
I have two beautiful dogglets, Ju Ju a 4 1/2 yr old Pug & Roxy a 120lb Great Pyrenees/Aussie mix. We are a pretty funny crew to see walking. I take them for a mile walk every morning down our dirt road. I'm very into Cesar Millan. My dogs are calm and submissive. Roxy has problems w/thunder storms ever since Katrina. We let her in on our sceened in patio to ride them out. She's a better meteorologist than anyone on T.V., warns us of a storm 15 min. before it hits and we get some pretty hairy storms here in the South. Ju Ju on the other hand loves storms, she likes to listen to them. She is my baby, I've never had a small dog before. She goes on vacation w/Barry & I, sleeps in my bed & follows me everywhere. She loves to ride in the car. A very quite dog...does not bark, just makes odd sounds, snorts & cat sounds. We use to raise Rottweilers while our girls were growing up. At any given time we would have 2-3 full grow Rotties, also puppies once or twice a year. The girls had a ball playing with the pups for the first 8-12 weeks of their lives. Great dogs! I also have a Siamese cat Sasha who's 16 yrs old. She was not pleased when Ju Ju moved in and has still never accepted her. Ju Ju gives her a wide berth...smart dog!

Well 2/3's of my fall garden is planted & up. Snow Peas, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Squash, Spinage, Cilantro, Basil, Sage, Catnip, Bib Lettuce & Red Leaf Lettuce. I also have lots of flower beds. I have always loved working with the Earth. This summer I let a lot of it go. We had one of the hottest summers we've ever had. It is now back to it's full glory. I'm going to try to post some photos today. I'm not very good at that!
Take Care and have a Wonderful weekend. Let's hope & pray that Rev. Jones doesn't go through with his insanity.
Jilly Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment